Certificate course „Oriental Music“
Starting date: 02.2020
Lecturer: Muhittin Kemal
As of February 2020 the Tamburi Mundi Freiburg e.V. offers a broad training course (certificate) around the topic of „Oriental Music“.
The focus lies on the practical application of the so-called 'MEŞK 'method. 'MEŞK' means making music together with instruments and singing: rhythmic elements are learned and supplemented by 'Solfej', the sung name of the note. If available, the lyrics are practiced with the correct pronunciation and the piece is sung and played on the instruments. The last step is to find the points of intersection of the different musical traditions and possibilities of harmonization, as well as to test their applicability.
- musicians (professional/ semi-professional)
- artistic and musically active people who would like to enlarge their knowledge in Oriental music.
- basic knowledge / safe playing on string, wind, plucked or percussion instruments or in vocals
- basic knowledge in reading music and notation
- willingness to practice and deepen the contents in independent work
Scope and structure of the course:
6 weekends (incl. exam) à 15,5 hours (total 93 hours)
Including steady homework control with personal coaching from the lecturers.
7.-9.2.2020 / 27.-29.3.2020 / 19.-21.6.2020 / 31.7.-2.8.2020 / 2.-4.10.2010
final exam: 12.+13. 12.2020
frame drum training course: 1200.- € / 1080.- € reduced
accommodation and catering costs are not included.
Location: Freiburg (Brsg.)/Germany
Further information and registration:
Tamburi Mundi Freiburg e.V.