Bendir and Maghrib orchestra - lessons with Salim Beltitane
Tamburi 2-Days A2
03.- 04.08.2020, 10-13 o´clock CET (Central European Time)
Including "Tamburi Channel" 01.-06.08.2020: daily framework programme from 2 -6 pm and 9.30-10.30 pm!
|Fee:||45,- € /40,50 € (reduced.)|
|Instruments:||Bendir (students without a own bendir can also use a "usual" frame drum|
|Content of the course:||
North African music remains not well-known by the public and does not benefit the precise lighting it deserves. Maghreb music is therefore the fruit of different sensibilities. It mixes Berber, African, Oriental, Ottoman and Western influences.It's divided into several levels of repertoires: the profane and the sacred, the learned and the popular.
03.08 Bendir rhythms from the Maghreb
What makes the maghrebian Bendir unique, but not only, is its characteristic sound produced by the strings that support its skin.The Bendir is one of the most famous and popular instrument in North Africa.This workshop will expose the basics of the bendir : holding position, technical strokes. And then, application on some elementary rhythms.
04.08 Maghreb orchestra : ensemble with rhythms from the Maghreb
The objective of this workshop is to offer the opportunity to experience the beautiful 6/8 rhythms and the concept of polyrhythmic conversation("Tahdira"). The idea is to imagine that the « group » takes precedence over the « individual », that the musician is at the service of the ensemble. In this specific part, we will use a typical bendir and a Taarija.These two instruments are essentials to give the flavour to this amazing rhythm !
If times allow we’ll try to work on typical clapping hands techniques and additionnal voices !
|Language of instruction:||English|
- Lessons are held via zoom meeting. Some days before the start of the lessons we offer a free introduction into zoom. After registration we will send you more information.
- You will get the zoom link for your lessons via email at 31st of July 2020.
- The programme overview of the daily Tamburi Channel will be published from 20th July on www.tamburimundi.com
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Watch the different time zones for the participation in the Tamburi Mundi online-program:
- Lessons A1 / B1 / C1: Start 10.00am (Central European Time) Freiburg/Germany
- „Tamburi Channel“ framework program: Start 14.00pm (Central European Time) Freiburg/Germany
- Lessons A2 / B2 / C2: Start 18.00pm (Central European Time) Freiburg/Germany (lessons)
Time zones for some other cities/countries:
Canada (Pacific Standard Time) – 9 hours earlier
New York City – 6 hours earlier
America Sao Paolo – 5 hours earlier
Morocco/ Algeria -1 hour ealier
UK - 1 hour ealier
Asia/Jerusalem – 1 hour later
Moskow – 1 hour later
Asia/Hong Kong – 6 hours later
China/Beijing - 6 hours later
Western Australia – 6 hours later
Asia/Tokyo – 7 hours later