Frame Drum Seminar 2018/2019
Under the direction of Murat Coşkun, the Tamburi Mundi e.V. offers in 2018/2019 a yearlong frame drum seminar.
Content of the course:
The focus of the lessons is on the practical implementation of different frame drum instruments with an emphasis on: playing technique, rhythms, ensemble, arrangements, compositions, frame drums in different musical contexts (like traditional music, baroque music, jazz etc.), solo play, improvisation, accompaniment of other instruments or dance, enlargement of the sonic performance (sounds, dynamics), extended and innovative playing options, warming up and practical advice, notation and background knowledge to instruments, cultures of origin and their music. Besides this, we will also use our own creativity.
Common play will also be an inherent part of the training. The participants will receive course material as well “homeworks”, in order to prepare the training periods.
- interested persons, who are artistically and musically active
- professions of the pedagogical field (teacher, pedagogues, team leader, educator,...)
- musicians who work in the professional or semi-professional field
- people who are interested in rhythm and would like to integrate frame drums in their work
- good basic knowledge on minimum two (percussion-) instruments, at least one of them should be a frame drum
- knowledge about some basic rhythms (at least 4-6 rhythms)
- basic knowledge in reading music and notation
- sufficient coordination skills and agility
- willingness to practice and deepen the learned things
Amount and composition:
6 week-ends of 15,5 hours each
Participation at the „2 Days-course“ during the Tamburi Mundi Festival 2019
Total amount: 100 hours
Optionally and also individually bookable:
Pedagogical training: 4 x 2 hours
Total amount: 8 hours
September 21th-23th 2018
November 09th-11th 2018
January 19th-21th 2019
March 8th-10th 2019
May 10th-12th 2019
July 26th – August 4th 2019 (3 days during this period - Tamburi Mundi Festival)
September 20th-22th 2019 (final examinations)
Frame drum seminar: 1440.- EUR
Pedagogical training: 200.- EUR
Complete offer: 1500.- EUR
Accommodation and food costs are not included.
How to sign up?
The best way is to contact us by phone or by mail, so that we can discuss everything in a personal talk. After this you can effectuate a binding registration.
The registration should be accompanied by:
A short video or an audio recording with a short solo or an improvisation (a simple recording quality is sufficient) in a length of 1-3 minutes.
Course location: Freiburg (Breisgau), Germany
Closing date: July 31th 2018
Information and registration:
Phone: 0049 176 2021 2826 or email@example.com
Tamburi Mundi Freiburg e.V.